Website: Internet website of the company YourMotorBikePhoto. (http://www.YourMotorBikePhoto.com), including the accompanying hardware, software, databases, files, interfaces, algorithms, registered users and their data.
File: a photo, vector image, video or other material that is presented on the Website, together with its descriptive information, and all other necessary documentation (e.g., a Model’s Release or consent for depicting private property).
User: a registered Website user. There are two types of Users: Buyer and Contributor.
Buyer: a Website user registered to purchase, using various methods, rights to use Files displayed by and transmitted from the Website.
Contributor: an individual (or legal entity) who is an author of, or possesses all rights to, Files that he/she provides to the Website for displaying, transmitting and/or selling to Buyers.
Upload: the act of a Contributor transmitting File(s) to the Website for the purpose of displaying, transmitting and/or selling them to Buyers; also, any File(s) so transmitted.
Partners: affiliates, business partners and other third parties who contract with YourMotorBikePhoto for the purpose of displaying, transmitting and/or selling Files to Buyers.
Exclusive File: a File which is distributed exclusively through the Website or through Partners.
Exclusive Contributor: a Contributor who distributes his/her files exclusively on the Website or through Partners.
2. GENERAL PROVISIONS
This Agreement specifies the legal relationship between YourMotorBikePhoto as operator of the Website and a Contributor of Files to the Website. The Contributor appoints YourMotorBikePhoto as an agent for the distribution and licensing of the Contributor’s files, on either an exclusive or non-exclusive basis. Upon acceptance of the conditions of this Agreement, Contributor can Upload Files for access on the Website, adhering to the terms and conditions of this Agreement for each File Uploaded. This Agreement comes into force at the moment of the Contributor’s account registration on the Website and is valid up to the moment of its termination. If the terms or conditions set forth herein are unacceptable to the Contributor, he/she should terminate this Agreement in accordance with the procedure given below.
3. PROVISION OF FILES
The Contributor Uploads Files of different formats on the Website using internal YourMotorBikePhoto tools or other tools approved by YourMotorBikePhoto (e.g., FTP). YourMotorBikePhoto alone decides which of the Files submitted by Contributor are suitable for posting on the Website. In addition, both parties agree that all Files Uploaded by Contributor are subject to the rules of YourMotorBikePhoto and Website.
4. REQUIREMENTS OF FILES TO BE UPLOADED
By the act of Uploading Files, a Contributor confirms and guarantees that:
- Contributor is the owner of all necessary copyrights and related rights for this File;
- Each Uploaded File had never been used and would never be used by Contributor for the creation of logotypes, trademarks or registered trademarks, whether for personal use or for third party use;
- For any object, work or creation (work of art, toy, handmade work, etc.) subject to rights or permissions regarding the commercial use of its image that is depicted in any Uploaded File, the Contributor has all necessary written permissions and clearances for the use of said image in this File, copies of which should accompany the File;
- All Files containing images of people or private property should be accompanied by the appropriate permissions (except for files flagged for “Editorial use only”);
- A Contributor who represents the interests of a company, business or group of individuals ensures that he possesses all necessary documents and permissions regarding copyrights and related rights for the File as well as the right to sell files for commercial use.
5. REQUIREMENTS FOR EXCLUSIVE FILES
By choosing the status of Exclusive Contributor, Contributor agrees to sell his/her files only on the YourMotorBikePhoto Website. If the Contributor’s Files to be Uploaded are already present on other stock or similar websites, the Contributor shall remove his/her portfolio from all other sites before he/she can be granted the status of Exclusive Contributor to YourMotorBikePhoto. A Contributor would become an Exclusive Contributor upon approval of the request sent to YourMotorBikePhoto’ support service.
Files provided for sale on the Website should not be sold, distributed, licensed, transferred on a royalty-free basis, or transferred in any other way outside the Website. Upon acceptance of Exclusive Contributor status, a Contributor has a right to use Exclusive Files only for the following purposes:
- display by Contributor on his/her own website , on which Files are marked as exclusively available only on YourMotorBikePhoto’ Website, and presented there for artistic purposes (not for resale or subsequent transfer of rights or license);
- use of Contributor’s Exclusive Files for creation and subsequent sale of commercial goods (e.g., T-shirts, icons, placards, etc.), if in the process of such activity the transmission or sale of license or rights for such digital material is not required.
6. DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
Contributor authorizes YourMotorBikePhoto to be an agent providing licenses for exclusive or non-exclusive Files to third-party Buyers. YourMotorBikePhoto and potential license-owners have the right to reproduce, use, publish, republish, compress, and transfer Files, as well as the rights to alter, modify, create and sell prints or copies created using different technologies, and to exhibit, display publicly and replicate Files.
Also, by accepting the terms of this Agreement, Contributor grants the right and a lifetime warranty, worldwide, exclusive or non-exclusive, non-transferable (sub)licenses to end-users in full compliance with the terms of the Website’s Standard and Extended License Agreements.
YourMotorBikePhoto reserves the right to use the files as part of its own activities or activities of third parties related to the issuance of licenses for the Files, promotional purposes, marketing and advertising. Contributor agrees that he/she will not be paid commissions on the use of his/her files for such purposes.
YourMotorBikePhoto reserves the rights to distribute Files not only on the Website directly, but also through Partners. Contributor agrees that YourMotorBikePhoto has the right to grant or pass along to Partners under separate agreements specific rights, constraints, obligations, licenses and other legal and business matters regarding Files. YourMotorBikePhoto has the implicit right to provide Partners with access to the Files accepted at the Website via its own program interfaces (API) or any other means sanctioned and approved by YourMotorBikePhoto, provided such access does not breach the provisions of the Standard and Extended License Agreements. Regardless of the means Partners or end-users use to acquire Files or the specific channels through which Files are made available to end-users, compensation to the Contributor for the license of his/her files will be the same as if YourMotorBikePhoto had completed the transaction.
The amount of compensation paid to Contributor may vary, depending upon several factors [see “Compensation” section, below]. Contributor agrees that changes to fees may be made by YourMotorBikePhoto without any prior notification.
By accepting this Agreement, Contributor gives his/her consent to YourMotorBikePhoto for control of the amount of the fees paid to Contributor for Files sold through Partners.
7. MATTERS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Contributor agrees that YourMotorBikePhoto forbids Uploading any Files or descriptive information in violation of a copyright, patent, trademark, right to property or any other similar and applicable law or proprietary right. Contributor acknowledges and agrees that YourMotorBikePhoto, its management, office workers, employees, Partners, agents or affiliates are not liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from intentional or accidental acts resulting from the use or inability to use any Files available on the Website.
Files marked “Editorial use only” are transferred on the basis of the Limited Standard License and cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes. These Files could contain images of the people without the proper authorization of a model release, private property, recognized brands, and other items for which additional special permission for commercial purposes is required.
8. LOGIN AND PASSWORD
Contributor understands that YourMotorBikePhoto uses the login and password as its sole means of establishing a Contributor’s identity. The Contributor agrees that he/she takes full personal responsibility for every action taken on the Website by any user logged into the Website using the Contributor’s unique login and password, including any Upload to the Website, and the consequences of every such action are subject to the terms of this Agreement and the Standard and Extended License Agreements.
9. WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
YourMotorBikePhoto has no ability to control all Uploads, or any other exchange of information conducted on the Website, and is not responsible for any such exchanges. YourMotorBikePhoto has the right to remove, delete, block or edit any File or portion thereof that may be considered by YourMotorBikePhoto as violating this Agreement or the rights of private or intellectual property, including similar rights of third parties, or being otherwise unacceptable. Contributor agrees to the confiscation of any fees that were paid for such files. YourMotorBikePhoto also retains the right to correct errors and edit information in the Contributor’s Files at own discretion.
In order to optimize the depository, YourMotorBikePhoto reserves the right to periodically delete files uploaded by Contributors to the Site, if the files were not sent along for sale after a long period of time (as determined solely by YourMotorBikePhoto), or were deactivated or rejected by the Content Department.
10. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
The Contributor acknowledges that information obtained upon accepting this Agreement and using the Website may be confidential, personal, and/or valuable to YourMotorBikePhoto, and agrees that during the term of this Agreement and after the Agreement is terminated, he/she has no right to disclose or use any part of the confidential information, without unambiguous written permission of YourMotorBikePhoto, except in cases explicitly stated in this Agreement.
11. DECLARATIONS AND GUARANTEES
Accepting the rules of this Agreement, the Contributor declares and guarantees the following:
- The Contributor has the legal rights and all necessary and sufficient authorities to accept this Agreement, is the sole and exclusive owner of the Files, is capable of granting all license rights specified under the terms of this Agreement, and will not Upload or grant the rights to any Files being in conflict with this Agreement;
- No part of the Files Uploaded at the Website or otherwise transferred to YourMotorBikePhoto contains any mechanism or means of protection which interferes with using, editing or copying said Files by means permitted in this Agreement or the Standard and Extended License Agreements;
- The supplied Files do not contain harmful program code, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any invasive, destructive or malicious software; they are not part of a DDoS systems; they do not contain other mechanisms or devices designed for the purpose of or may be used for the removal, modification, disruption, or damage of Files or the Website;
- The Files contain full, necessary and sufficient cover information for their effective sale at the Website; the supporting information is complete and accurate, and does not contain false, inappropriate or contradictory meta-data;
- The Files supplied to YourMotorBikePhoto are original works;
- The Files, as well as cover information included, do not infringe the copyrights, ownership rights or other allied rights of third parties.
The Contributor further states and guarantee that he/she:
- does not license the supplied Files by any other means, except for periodic licensing within the framework of law for creative purposes;
- does not license Files which are the property of other authors (except when Files are the property of a group of authors to which Contributor belongs, and for which Contributor has exclusive licensing rights);
- does not license Files if he does not have all the required documents related to the publication and distribution of these Files.
The amount of compensation paid to Contributor may vary, depending upon the method used by Buyers or Partners to obtain Files, the specific channels through which Files are made available to Buyers, the size of the image(s) purchased, and the terms of individual contracts between YourMotorBikePhoto and Partners. In addition, the compensation paid to Contributor also depends on the Contributor’s level, which is assigned by YourMotorBikePhoto based upon the amount of Contributor’s Files sold on the Website the more Files sold by the Contributor, the higher level he/she may obtain. The amount of compensation paid to Contributor from the sale of Contributor’s Files increases as the level of the Contributor increases. Calculation of the Contributor’s payments is based on the price actually paid for the File, rather than on a “standard” price; if the Buyer has received a discount for the purchase of the File, the compensation to the Contributor for this purchase will be derived from the cost paid by the Buyer including the discount, rather than the undiscounted cost basis of the File. The percentage of Contributor’s compensation does not change, but is calculated from actual costs, which in the case of a discounted price may result in a lower cost, and a lower amount of compensation to Contributor.
When Contributor’s File is sold through Partners, the amount of compensation might be the same as described above (and dependend upon the level of the Contributor), or prices may be different, depending upon the contract in effect between YourMotorBikePhoto and each Partner.
YourMotorBikePhoto may be required to withhold taxes from Contributors’ compensation, depending upon Contributor’s country of origin, information supplied by Contributor and information supplied by tax authorities. Contributor acknowledges that YourMotorBikePhoto is obligated make tax deductions and provide documentation as required by law.
Payments of compensation to Contributor will be held by YourMotorBikePhoto until Contributor makes a withdrawal request, as long as the available balance in his/her account, after deducting all necessary payments (taxes, legal, or other similar payments arising from the application of this Agreement), meets or exceeds the established minimum payment amount.
13. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT AND ITS IMPLICATIONS
This Agreement is valid until its termination. The Contributor has the ability and right to terminate this Agreement at any time.
To terminate the agreement, the Contributor should send notification to YourMotorBikePhoto at least 30 (thirty) days in advance of the proposed termination date, using the form at the YourMotorBikePhoto Website page Contact us. YourMotorBikePhoto can also terminate the Agreement at any time and for any reason.
If the Contributor’s membership is terminated by YourMotorBikePhoto in accordance with the terms of the Membership Agreement, such termination shall be deemed sufficient notification and implicit termination of this Agreement.
In the case of termination, YourMotorBikePhoto asserts the following:
- All Uploaded Files of Contributor would be removed from the Website search engine within 30 (thirty) days from the date of termination;
- Notwithstanding the fact of termination, YourMotorBikePhoto has the right and ability to continue licensing the accepted Files up to the time of their withdrawal from the Website search engine;
- Upon the expiration of the Agreement and after its termination, according to the terms and provisions of this Agreement, YourMotorBikePhoto shall continue to pay compensations due to the Contributor for licenses issued to the Purchaser during the transitional period in accordance with all the rights stated in this Agreement or required by the law;
- If YourMotorBikePhoto has sufficient reason to suspect Contributor of fraudulent activities, YourMotorBikePhoto reserves the right to terminate the Agreement, stop accruing compensation to the Contributor for issued licenses, delete the account and/or expropriate/freeze any payments of compensation to Contributor.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
The Contributor understands and assumes all responsibility and risk of any kind when using the Website and/or services of the Website.
YourMotorBikePhoto, its employees, management, Partners, shareholders, and agents are not responsible for failures of any kind or disruption of the Website functionality resulting in loss of business information, profit or other financial losses on the Contributor’s and Buyer’s side.
In any case according to the terms of this Agreement or as a result of usage of the Website in the whole or any of its parts and resources in any way, the total amount of YourMotorBikePhoto’ liability shall be limited to the compensation that YourMotorBikePhoto receives for Files identified as the subject matter of the claim, but in no case shall the financial part of such compensation exceed the equivalent of $100 (one hundred United States dollars).
15. APPLICABLE LAW
The validity, interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement, matters arising out of or related to performance or breach of this Agreement, and related matters shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York (without reference to choice of law doctrine). Any legal action or proceeding concerning the validity, interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement, matters arising out of or related to performance or breach of this Agreement, and related matters, shall be brought exclusively in the State or Federal courts located in the State and County of New York. All parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts, waiving any objection to the propriety or convenience of such venues. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to or otherwise affect this Agreement.
For any questions concerning the provisions of this document, please contact YourMotorBikePhoto using the form or contact information given on the Website page Contact us.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, CONTRIBUTOR ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTANDS IT, AND HAS HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE BEFORE AGREEING TO IT.
IN CONSIDERATION FOR YourMotorBikePhoto’ AGREEING TO BE CONTRIBUTOR’S EXCLUSIVE OR NON-EXCLUSIVE AGENT, AND FURTHER FOR GIVING AND PROVIDING FACILITIES OF SALE AND DELIVERY OF FILE LICENSES, CONTRIBUTOR AGREES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
CONTRIBUTOR FURTHER AGREES THAT THIS IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN CONTRIBUTOR AND YourMotorBikePhoto, WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION BETWEEN CONTRIBUTOR AND YourMotorBikePhoto RELATING TO THE SUBJECT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Disclaimer: The original, legally binding version of this document is written in English, and it is translated into other languages for the courtesy of our non-English-speaking users. If there are any discrepancies between the English version and a translated version, the English version supercedes the translated version.